Adobe Flash Catalyst is a new professional interaction design tool for rapidly creating user interfaces without coding.
- Create interactive prototypes with the ability to leverage them in the final product.
- Transform artwork created in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator into functional user interfaces.
- Publish a finished project as a SWF file ready for distribution
- Work more efficiently with developers who use Adobe Flash Builder4 to create rich Internet applications (RIAs). Designers use Flash Catalyst to create the functional user experience then provide the project file to developers who use Flash Builder to add functionality and integrate with servers and services.
Create the user experience through an approachable interaction design tool for designers with no coding required:
- No coding required: Create the user experience and make it functional without coding.
- Sell your ideas: Be able to show a functional design instead of static screenshots to communicate your ideas.
- Ensure your creative vision is accurately expressed: Design with the expressiveness of Flash Player including graphics, typography and 3D effects.
Rapidly create and deliver a finished SWF file or collaborate more effectively with developers:
- Fast learning curve: If you can use Photoshop or Illustrator you can quickly learn to use Flash Catalyst.
- Fast Interaction Design: Transform native Photoshop and Illustrator files into functional user experiences. Publish finished projects for distribution as a SWF file.
- Collaborate more effectively with developers: Provide Flash Catalyst projects to developers who use Flash Builder to add additional functionality and integrate with servers and services.
Flash Catalyst and Flash Builder are based on the open source Flex 4 framework.