The PHP development team has announced the immediate release of PHP 5.3.1. This is a maintenance release in the 5.3 series, which includes a large number of bug fixes.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.1:
* Added “max_file_uploads” INI directive, which can be set to limit the number of file uploads per-request to 20 by default, to prevent possible DOS via temporary file exhaustion.
* Added missing sanity checks around exif processing.
* Fixed a safe_mode bypass in tempnam().
* Fixed a open_basedir bypass in posix_mkfifo().
* Fixed bug #50063 (safe_mode_include_dir fails).
* Fixed bug #44683 (popen crashes when an invalid mode is passed).
Key Bug Fixes in PHP 5.3.1 include:
* Fixed crash in com_print_typeinfo when an invalid typelib is given.
* Fixed crash in SQLiteDatabase::ArrayQuery() and SQLiteDatabase::SingleQuery() when calling using Reflection.
* Fixed crash when instantiating PDORow and PDOStatement through Reflection.
* Fixed bug #49910 (no support for ././@LongLink for long filenames in phar tar support).
* Fixed bug #49908 (throwing exception in __autoload crashes when interface is not defined).
* Around 100 other bug fixes